Visa for Belgium
As there are no longer any specific travel restrictions for people residing in Australia, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Rwanda, New Zealand, Uruguay and Thailand, all types of visa applications from Thailand (same conditions as before) can from now on be submitted. Regardless of whether or not the traveler is subject to visa requirements, all travelers must be able to prove that they meet the Schengen entry requirements when arriving at the Schengen external borders by means of the necessary documents.
However, Thailand's ban on international commercial flights is set to continue while the Covid-19 pandemic situation remains critical in many countries. Please check with The Royal Thai Embassy in Brussels about the information for Thai nationals traveling back to Thailand.
Mandatory form for travel to Belgium
From August, 1st, all persons returning to Belgium and all persons travelling through Belgium and who are staying at least 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form). You can find this form here.
Information on the GDPR
Applications are submitted through the Belgian Visa Application Centre (VFS).
Belgian Visa Application Center – VFS Global
Address Unit 404 and 405, The Plaza 4th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Business Hours Counter open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 08.30am to 12.00pm (except scheduled Holidays)
Call centre +66 (02) 118 7002
Please note that applicants:
- need to book an appointment through VFS instead of booking an appointment through the Embassy
- need to submit their visa application at the Belgian Visa Application Center (address mentioned here above) and not at the Embassy
- in some cases, will need to present themselves for an interview at the Embassy after submitting their applications at the Belgian Visa Application Center (generally, the day after). The appointment of the interview is organized by VFS
General information regarding visas for Belgium is available on the website of the Immigration Office at the following address: https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/en/Pages/home.aspx.
You'll find on the following pages the information concerning:
- Where, when and how can you submit your visa application?
- The Visa Information System – Short stay visas
- How much is the visa fee?
- Type of visa / Required documents
- Checking the status of your visa application and processing time
- Refusal and possibility of appeal
- Application forms, Insurance companies, Medical certificate, Certified doctors, good conduct, list of recognized translators, ...