Visa for Belgium
What type of visa (short stay - long stay?)
Short stay visa (visa type C) authorizes you to stay on Schengen territory for a term not longer than 3 months during a period of 6 months starting from your first entry on the territory.
Long stay visa (visa type D) authorizes you to stay in Belgium for a period longer than 90 days (students, researchers, workers, family reunification, …).
Applications are submitted through the Belgian Visa Application Centre (VFS).
Belgian Visa Application Center – VFS Global
Address Unit 404 and 405, The Plaza 4th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Submission of visa applications: Mondays and Wednesdays from 08.30am to 12.00pm (except public holidays).
Call Centre +66 (02) 118 7002
Please note that applicants:
- need to submit their visa application at VFS (address is mentioned here above) with a prior appointment via https://www.vfsglobal.com/belgium/thailand/schedule-an-appointment.html.
- in some cases, will need to present themselves for an interview at the Embassy after submitting their applications at VFS (generally, the day after). The appointment of the interview is organized by VFS.
General information regarding visas for Belgium is available on the website of the Immigration Office at the following address: https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/en/Pages/home.aspx.
You'll find on the following pages the information concerning:
- Where, when and how can you submit your visa application?
- The Visa Information System – Short stay visas
- How much is the visa fee?
- Type of visa / Required documents
- Checking the status of your visa application and processing time
- Refusal and possibility of appeal
- Application forms, Insurance companies, Medical certificate, Certified doctors, good conduct, list of recognized translators, ...
Information on the GDPR